“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath
Friday, July 22, 2011
Amaz-a-zing!
The best way to improve one's poetry writing skills is to read lots and lots of various poetry, and, likewise, I believe that the way to improve one's photography skills is to take lots and lots of pictures but also to look at lots and lots of other people's pictures. And I just stumbled across a photography blog by Shaun Menary Photography that I am absolutely blown away and inspired by, especially the engagement portraits. Now this is what I'm talking about, what I'm aspiring to (with my own styles and twists, of course). This is art. Check it out: Shaun Menary Photography.
Labels:
Inspiration,
Photography
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are right, her photos are awesome.
ReplyDeleteThe digital age of photography makes practice so much easier. No lab time and no film to buy (or waste). Although I appreciate the heck out of portrait and event photography, I'm not attracted to doing it myself. Somebody asked me why I rarely (if ever) post any portraits on my blog. I guess that question can only be answered by my therapist. I have no idea...
I love your blog- you have a lot of talent in photography!
ReplyDeleteThought I would share two of my favorite photography blogs.
Shelley is a local gal (Buffalo) who does a phenomenal job with natural light shots:
http://www.shelleypaulson.com./eq_galleries.htm
The Pioneer Woman is just fun- Ree's made a career out of her blog:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/category/pioneer_woman/about_pioneer_woman/
Happy shooting!
Miare
Thanks so much Miare! I like those blogs :)
ReplyDelete