“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Saturday, June 11, 2011

suddenly everything is a little more beautiful

That's how I feel with this new camera. The images are so focused and, what's the word, electric? They're so much more alive than photos taken with a standard compact digital camera.

Business is slow today, and Evelyn is still at Gma & pa's, and J is at work, so I'm taking advantage of this to begin practicing, capturing garage sale junk in all of its glory:




And our pets, for not only do we require large household items and electronics, but animals as well:


Yoko,  saved from the street by my parents, June '10
Ono, adopted from Petsmart, Feb. '11
Remmy (Remington), somehow acquired by Jason, summer '09
June (Juniper), bought from pet store, Oct. '10

3 comments:

  1. The Yoko picture is perfect for a poem! AND wait for it.........The cover of your new book! Get writing please, that picture is to good to waste! Happy you are finding your place, wish you would have taken a picture of that tree by Conant, what a poem that one could tell??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well maybe we need to go back and do a photo shoot... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife volunteers for a local cat rescue org. that has some of their cats at our local petsmart. We have a rescued Russian Blue that looks just like Yoko and a tortie that looks a lot like Ono. Nice pics of them all, including those cute pups!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.