There's really not a whole lot that goes into preparing to be apart from Evelyn for 10 days. And I don't want to make it this big dramatic thing because it is my choice to go to this school, and it's something I am really glad I'm doing, something for me, something I'm proud of, and something I believe will take me further in life. And once I'm there I will be having a blast. BUT, I cannot ignore the sadness I feel when I think about being away from her. It's just missing her, is all. I don't worry about her, because I know she's in good, loving hands. It's straight up missing, longing, for her smell, sound, touch....and all her two-year-old toddler IDEAS....and all the laughter...
I put her down for nap a few minutes ago, and once she wakes up we're off to my parents' house, where she will spend the night since I have to leave so early in the morning and Jason has to work. So in preparing to say good-bye to her, all I really do is brace myself for it. I think about how much fun, and how intellectually stimulating my time in Vermont will be. All the friends I'll see again, the new friends I make. And I think about last time, how fast the time went by, and how when I came home it didn't seem so bad after all. And it isn't so bad. It's just, this face.....
I'd have a hard time saying goodbye to that face too. I even have a hard time saying goodbye to my puppies when I go on vacation.
ReplyDeleteOh Mommy, she is so precious. What a doll baby.
ReplyDeleteHave a good time and soon you'll be back with her.
Yes, I can see how leaving her would be hard.
ReplyDelete