This morning I was going to write part 2 of An engagement story, in which I wanted to discuss the political/philosophical side of things, including ideas for what my own wedding would be like as well as my thoughts on marriage in general, but I don't think I'll have time because we are headed up to Duluth, Minn. today for someone else's wedding, friends of Jason's family. The wedding is tomorrow of course, but we're going a day early so Evelyn and her cousins can play in the pool and we can take them to the zoo and all. I haven't even gone through the pictures from last weekend's trip to Chicago, and here we go again....but I really don't mind because traveling=my passion (one of them).
So part 2 will have to wait. I've got a shit load of things to get done before E and I head out this morning (J's still on his Canadian fishing trip, he'll be meeting us at the wedding), including sewing a button on to my new pants (the fact of which I managed to squeeze out a goofy poem of last night, see my other blog). I'll leave you, though, with a song called "Duluth" and about a wedding............
Deeper thoughts to come.
I love Duluth, even though I've only driven through there twice. When I used to travel to Fort Frances, it was usually a 'Stop and Eat' place when we took the U.S. route. Something about the place just gave me warm fuzzies. Except for that one bloody hill downtown. That hill can suck it. Nearly had a heart attack trying to navigate my way down it without running any red lights.
ReplyDeleteI agree - there's something special about that town. But that hill! As of yet I've never had to drive it myself, but damn.
ReplyDelete