“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Friday, April 1, 2011

poetry, earth, religion, beauty, science, Spring, etc.

The poet e e cummings touches on all of these things in his poem "O sweet spontaneous." I just started reading a collection of his work, which I am very excited about. He's a genius. The hard part is that it's difficult to share some of his work on Blogger because he uses so many indented lines and other spacing variations that Blogger doesn't keep the formatting for. And I can't get rid of the formatting - that's a part of his work. It's almost the same as cutting a line.... But, I did find a link to the poem, so you can read it in its original form. Please click on this link, it's so worth the minute it will take you. And then leave a comment about what you think of it.

If I was talking to you in person right now I'd be smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.