Lately I've found that painting/crafting/collage-making is great therapy (for me). So yesterday during Evelyn's nap, even though I probably should have read, wrote, graded papers, etc., I knew I had to get out of my head, so I vamped up a poster frame hanging above my desk. I painted the cardboard with acrylic paint, pasted on poems ripped out from a second-hand book, then used a glue/water mixture to seal it all together. It only occurred to me when I was nearly finished that I should have taken a before picture, so I only have an after one to show. The before was basically the same poems just taped on white paper (boring....). I know it'd be cooler if you could read the poems.... How about I do a post for each of the poems? There's no theme - they're just the ones I liked the best from the book I had.
And here's something I did a few months ago:
Although poetry is my main creative outlet, painting is, in some ways, more freeing - I am not in school for painting, there is no wrong or right "word," no one to critique it - just something for me to have fun with and hang up in my house. And it's way cheaper than a therapist ;)
Oh, and check out Picasso drawing with light: click here.
i'm sure you've noticed i've wrote NOTHING of substance in quite some time... it's the EXACT same way for me. completely! AND, i've been doing so much painting lately toO! ahhh you freak me out sometimes!
ReplyDeleteHey, I know what you mean about keeping your energy up. It can be tough at times.
ReplyDeleteAzia - We freak me out, too. :)
ReplyDeleteAndy - Thanks for your comment. Comments make me happy. :)