“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Friday, February 11, 2011

Dear Winter .....

Dear Winter,

It's time we start seeing other people. Because of you, I slipped and fell on the ice this morning, while holding Evelyn, and now I am suffering a severely aching back. I am sure there are others out there who are much more suitable for you than I. Besides, Summer and I have been writing love letters since the end of September. I thought it's time that you know, and move on.

Best of luck,

S

6 comments:

  1. Ouch! that really sucks! when a season treats you that badly, it's time to cheat with another one. Of course you have to fly to get to Aruba or Bermuda, or Mexico!

    You are really not gonna like this. It was high 70s in SoCal today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. high 70's! that sounds wonderful. amazing. I think California is my dream state. Evelyn and I are visiting a friend in Mississippi next week, so it'll be a little warmer . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup.. it's snowing here again. I wish I was back in Puerto Plata, on the beach. From what I understand Minnesota is as bad as, if not worse than Ontario for snow.

    Just looked out the window. There USED to be a house across the street.

    Hope your back feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So close to Valentines Days-heartbreaker. Sacramento, Nor-Cal Sunday 55 degrees. Awesome.

    Kriss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the fall! A friend of mine got a knee replacement a few months ago and just fell on the ice. Another sugery and more rehab for her...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, when I'm older, I will be going south for the winter!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.