“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath
Monday, January 17, 2011
"It Gets Better" Anthem
I just watched this via Johann the Cabbie, and again, it's something too great to not share here (there's a great message at the end, too. Actually brought tears to my eyes):
Now I'm in tears too. This is wonderful and I just sent it to a couple of very important people in my life: one who will start her first semester at Harvard and is a bit terrified because she is young, Pagan and gay, and feels she might not be able to handle the pressure. The other is a Marine Drill Instructor friend of mine. We were thrilled after outcome of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, but he still feel coming out would ruin his career.
I think it is difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if we look back, thinks used to suck at lot more. It does "get better" even if it happens slow.
Now I'm in tears too. This is wonderful and I just sent it to a couple of very important people in my life: one who will start her first semester at Harvard and is a bit terrified because she is young, Pagan and gay, and feels she might not be able to handle the pressure. The other is a Marine Drill Instructor friend of mine. We were thrilled after outcome of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, but he still feel coming out would ruin his career.
ReplyDeleteI think it is difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if we look back, thinks used to suck at lot more. It does "get better" even if it happens slow.
Thanks for sharing this.
Magaly: I am so glad to hear you are sending this to others, and I really hope they benefit from it. Thanks so much.
ReplyDeleteVery moving and thought provoking!
ReplyDeleteI'm going to pass it along as well...
Good to hear Pat!
ReplyDeleteGlad you shared it also. This song needs to go mainstream.
ReplyDelete