“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Friday, January 21, 2011

Awards are Awesome!

I've been awarded my first blog award, which was a totally unexpected surprise and thus warmed up my freezing day (this beer is helping, too). Thanks so much Yandie at Inspiration Strikes. In the Kneecaps. You rock :-)

This is what the award looks like:

And I am supposed to share five facts about myself before passing the award on to three others. And I assume these should be five things (most) readers don't already know or couldn't easily guess . . . I'm thinking . . .

1. I was born in Germany, and I actually spoke fluent German before English when I was little (my mom is 100% German). But, we moved to the States a month before I turned four, and while I still spoke German for a while, I quickly lost the majority of it :( I can still understand it somewhat, took it in high school and all, but am nowhere near (like not even a little bit close) as good at it as I was when I was little.

2. I am addicted to coffee. I only drink one regular size cup in the mornings, but I really cannot function without that one cup. It's the first thing I do nearly every morning.

3. I was the captain of my high school soccer team, and Jason (my lovely life partner) was the captain of the boys soccer team (we went to the same high school). But we didn't date at the time.

4. I've always thought bras were extremely uncomfortable and finally had the guts to boycott them. I haven't worn one since December 4th.

5. I have stacks of journals because I've been writing in them since age 5.

Okay, and the award goes to.....

First, I should tell you I've decided to change the number 3 to the number 5 - because I'm having a really hard time deciding who to send this to, and, well, fuck it - it's my award now so I can change the rules, right? Plus, it's getting late and I need to go grab another beer and then finish watching Fight Club with the love since we got too tired last night. So, again, the award goes to some very thoughtful folks....

Johann at Johann the Cabbie for his honesty, humor, and humanity
Azia at Azia Said What? because really, this woman is not only stylin' but also intelligent, witty, and strong
Pat at Patrick Tillet for his sincerity, kindness, and deep appreciation for his readers
Andrew at The Running Fat Man for his inspiration
Andy at Laughing in Purgatory for his fucking awesome blog

If you haven't already, check these people out. They're worth my time, and, I suspect, yours, too.

5 comments:

  1. Fucking awesome, eh?

    Well, thanks.

    Congrats on your liberation from the bra, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cogratulations on your award and thanks so much for passing passing it on to me! I truly appreciate it. I'll also be checking out the blogs of the other folks you awarded it to! thanks again Sarah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, check this post out. It seems there are some Brautigan film projects in the works. I'm not sure how I feel about that...
    http://skylightbooks.blogspot.com/2010/07/good-news-for-richard-brautigan-fans.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. sarah :) thanks woman! you render me speechless (mostly due to the fact that i envy you for not having to wear a bra... i'd punch someone in the face when walking if i didn't)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the reward. I'm not sure I'll be passing it on...it seems rather chain letterish.

    But, I will give you five facts about me.
    1. I like beer.
    2. I love ice cream.
    3. I am now at my highest weight ever.
    4. I blame 1 & 2 for 3.
    5. I don't wear a bra, either.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.