“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Quick Quote: Rilke

I've come across a quote from German poet Rainer Maria Rilke, and since I am home alone and have no one to share it with (well, Evelyn is here but I don't think she cares about Rilke that much at this point), you are my listener.


"I want to be with those who know secret things or else alone."


It's snowing outside. My mouth tastes like coffee. Evelyn is calling me, awake from a too-short nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.