“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Saturday's Quote: Baldwin
I've got grad school applications to put together today, so I only have time to leave you with this quote:
"I can't believe what you say, because I see what you do." --James Baldwin
(click on his name to read about this great writer and activist)
What are you going for (subject)?
ReplyDeleteGood luck!
ReplyDeleteI really like the quote also, I know just the person to pass that on to...
Thanks for the comments!
ReplyDeleteI am looking at low-residency MFA programs Writing/Poetry (my ultimate goal is a PhD in English and teaching at a university).