“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Livin' up, honey, it ain't that bad"

Everyone who knows me knows that I would rather not listen to music than listen to country music--and by country, I mean the pop-country that every other radio station plays--I think of Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood, Brad Paisley, etc., etc. Ugh. I don't know why I can't stand it, but I can't. I do, however, love bluegrass music. I don't just enjoy listening to it, because I can never just listen to it; it infuses me with such energy that my entire body becomes a part of it and my feet and heart beat to its rhythm, like when I listen to this song:




Trampled by Turtles, Pert Near Sandstone, Charlie Parr, Beet Root Stew, etc., etc.--all great bands that make me feel so alive. And seeing them in concert is always an entirely sensuous experience that I can never seem to get enough of. I haven't seen Trampled by Turtles live, yet, but I sure plan on it.

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.