In less than three weeks I have to go back to school, and even though I will only be in Winona two days out of the week, I dread saying good bye to Evelyn and leaving her overnight. Three hours is probably the longest I have been away from her, and even that was hard. Sometimes I miss her when other people are holding her, and I am still in the same room!
I have yet to tell her that I will be going back to school. She's only six weeks old, so she probably won't understand what I am saying, but telling her will be enough to make me cry, and I don't want her to see me cry. Babies can sense emotions, especially in their mothers.
I always heard people say that the feelings a parent has for a child are indescribable, different than anything else. And I always wondered about that feeling. Now I know.
Oh my darling.. your are a mother, daughter, sister, lover, and friend. I will do everything I can. and we will forge through. making the best of it all. and who knows?! maybe Evelyne could come down with once, and I can baby-sit while ur in class?
ReplyDeleteyou just made me tear up.......... you are a very strong woman. evelyn is very fortunate sarah :)
ReplyDelete