Today I've been responding to emails from friends and working on my lecture, the inspiration for which is Richard Brautigan, so I've been absorbing myself in his life and work, which is a wonderful way to spend the first half of a Saturday... the second half will be spent photographing a wedding reception...
"On Real Estate" by Richard Brautigan
I have emotions
that are like newspapers that
read themselves.
I go for days at a time
trapped in the want ads.
I feel as if I am an ad
for the sale of a haunted house:
18 rooms
$37,000
I'm yours
ghosts and all.
Ah yes! My favorite! You've just piled on to your world record. You are the only person I know of who quoted Brautigan in a blog post. Now you've done it twice...
ReplyDeleteTwo guys get out of a car.
They stand beside it. They
don't know what else to do.