Although the oft indecisive weather in April is not my favorite (I'm a June kind of girl), April always ends up being a special month because 1) the promise of spring has arrived, unfurling itself from the tips of tree branches, in the sprouting green grass... 2) it's national poetry month (we poets get really excited that there's an entire month dedicated to what we do!) 3) it's Earth day this month, and Earth day will always be cool, and 4) it's the month that Kurt Cobain died in. I'm an obsessive Kurt Cobain fan and will forever mourn the fact that he died so young, years before I even discovered him. Coincidentally, April is also the month in which my love for Nirvana flourished--when I watched the MTV Unplugged in New York show, replayed on the 10-year anniversary of Cobain's death. On other notes, April is also the month in which my parents met, the month in which they got married, and it's the month that I'll (hopefully) visit Seattle for the first time, to spend a weekend with my brother (more on that later. maybe).
SO, in order to honor all the things this month means to me, I'm going to be posting a bunch of shit that has to do with most or perhaps all of the above things.
First up, tree buds and gnarly grunge:
you know, I never got heavily into Nirvana. On your recommendation I'll take another look at them.
ReplyDeleteOh I hope you do! I'll be posting more music throughout the month!
DeleteSo many things to be important in your life in one month.
ReplyDeleteI persoanlly do not like Spring because of my allergies. I prefer the Autumn months.
I do not have such a month, but maybe one day I will. Or perhaps I have not been paying attention enough."
The autumn months are beautiful too, and also mean a lot to me! Early summer is my favorite, though, if I have to pick. I think.
Delete