![]() |
| source |
“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath
Monday, April 9, 2012
"However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light."
A poet friend just posted this on Facebook and it's exactly what I needed (that and hollow milk chocolate Easter eggs). And, interestingly, that bit at the end about light and dark fits perfectly with my critical thesis. In my thesis I approach poetry through the lens of literal light and dark as used in photography, which leads to metaphorical forms of light and dark... Both light and dark are necessary...it's the darkness that's inevitable, and it's light that we have to make. One way I make light is writing. Another is friends. I think I would like to have more friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.