“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Monday, January 9, 2012

so. tired. {and New Year's Eve in Vermont!)

Hi. I'm home from Vermont and slept almost 12 hours last night! One hour for every day in VT.... it was an intense 12 days of intellectual, emotional, creative, and social inspiration and exhaustion. And I have a lot of writing to do. I'm in my third semester of grad school! In addition to cranking out new poems and revising the not-so-new, this semester I have to write a critical thesis, which is basically a long research paper on a topic of my choice. My topic has something to do with photography and poetry...how the terms used in photography can be applied to poetry, maybe....? I need to do some research and narrow it down.

I eventually plan on sharing some quotes and things I picked up along the way from the lectures and conversations with others. I am grateful to know so many talented writers, to be able to call them my friends. For now here are some photos from the New Year's Eve lantern lighting ceremony. The photos don't do this beautiful and moving event justice, but I did what I could. Look at all those beautiful hands....


I have just one New Year's resolution:

Write more and better than last year. 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun and exciting thing to do! Unfortunately, that is something that could NEVER happen in my state. Just too much fire danger. I think the photos are great, they really picked up the feeling of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.