Just a few of the 600 photos I took on our trip to St. Thomas this past weekend. This place is absolutely incredible. The water really is that blue!
Now I'm back in Minnesota, and it is cold, and it is so hard to imagine that St. Thomas and all those other islands exist in this same world. Kind of like when I'm watching the sunset from 30,000 miles in the air, and it's so beautiful it makes my heart physically hurt and all I can think of is how so much beauty can exist in the same world as all the terrible things, like mean people and death and war, and then I think about my brother, who joined the Army last year and is probably going to be in Afghanistan by this summer and how I wish he could see this water and these beaches, how he deserves the whole world and how I wish I could give it to him but all I can do is send him these pictures with taped on flower petals I stole from the island.
Beautiful! I want to see some pictures of you and jason too!!
ReplyDeleteMore photos coming soon!
DeleteOh, those photos look so lovely! I'm a Minnesotan too and after the cold today, it looks even better! Beautiful. Wishing your brother a safe journey.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much! This cold is hurting my bones. Warm wishes...
DeleteBeautiful Sarah! Whenever I need, or want to slow my mind and body down, I picture a spot very much like your second photo. I'm sitting on that perfect white sand beach and letting the sand run out of my hands. All of these photos are exceptional, but that one lowers my blood pressure and slows me down. LOVE it... I hope your brother likes them as well.
ReplyDelete