“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Darwin on Pumpkins, Photos of Pumpkins, I Love Pumpkins.... (A random post all about pumpkins)

Since August we've been excited for a day like today--bright but chilly (and yes, the sky really is that bright--no editing here!) and perfect for visiting this family-owned pumpkin patch about 30 miles from home. And I thought the outing would be enough to make Evelyn tired and ready for a good nap....but she's still whining in there....

We'll be in Florida over Halloween, so I'm getting all the pumpkin goodness in that I can. (But yes, FLORIDA. A VACATION. Wooohooo!)

We attempted our own pumpkin patch this year, and yielded one perfectly round and adorable pumpkin. I thought we'd have many more, since we had quite a few blossoms, and then a little over a month ago I discovered that our dogs had been eating the green baby pumpkins. Grrr....

Here's what Darwin has to say about growing pumpkins, which I find interesting:

It is not the strongest pumpkin grower that survives, not the most intelligent, but the grower most responsive to change.--- Charles Darwin, Theory of Pumpkin Evolution

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.