I just came across
Miranda July and
Harrell Fletcher's website,
Learning to Love You More, which is now archived and part of the San Francisco Modern Museum of Art, but from 2002-2009 it was an active website that gave assignments to the general public who then submitted their assignments to be posted online. Assignments included "
Make a flier of your day," "
Spend time with a dying person," "
Ask your family to describe what you do," "
Draw the news," and so many more, all of which you can view by clicking
here.
According to the site, in the 7 years that the project spanned, over 8000 people participated. What a cool idea. I wish I would have known about it earlier so I could have participated! For me, a project like this, is the core of art (which, for me, is the core of life) - it's all about humanity, about really experiencing yourself and others.
Now I want to do something spectacular (actually, I always want to do something spectacular - now I really REALLY want to do something spectacular).
amazing project! Thank you so much for your sweet comments on my blog! I've been a bit out of touch, so responding quite late..
ReplyDeleteI use mainly photoshop for post production just different actions and curves to get the tones and colours I want. I am inspired by film and vintage photos!
Thanks again!
x
Lucy
I always want to do something spectacular too...
ReplyDeleteSomething will mean something to someone long after I'm gone.