“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

guilty pleasure {and some words on Kate Moss, and an idea}

Being my own boss and being a stay-at-home mom has, like many other things, its advantages and disadvantages, which I plan on writing about in more detail soon. One of the biggest challenges I've been facing lately is finding time, and figuring out how, to relax. To just chill out. To indulge in a guilt-free "guilty pleasure" (if that makes sense).

My guilty pleasure this week: the September issue of Vogue.

I'm not a subscriber to Vogue, but I like to get the September issue because it's always extra thick and full of photos, some that I love and some that I love...not so much. In any case, I love to rip out pages and use them in scapbooks and framed collages - projects I would like to have more time for.

And this year's September issue features Kate Moss on the cover, whom I absolutely adore. Despite the controversy that's often surrounded her and her career, she's beautiful, like legendary beautiful, like I'd be willing to bet that she's beautiful on the inside, too (although I really have no idea, but, I'd be willing to bet).

This is one of my favorite photos of her:

 
source
What a dream, to work with her on a photo shoot. To know her as a model and a person. Says Kate:

"When people see an actor speak, they think they know him or her, whereas I'm just a face or a body to them."

And gosh, watch this video of the paparazzi harassing her and her daughter at the LAX airport - it's sickening, how her face is just a money shot for these people. She's not even human to them anymore (watching this video made me think of those farm animal abuse videos I've seen, just ruthless and inhumane). 




Which got me thinking about how I'd love to someday launch a magazine that features art/models/fashion and words. Something more than the bio and career history. Something more like dreams, ideas, passions....let those pretty lips sing their song...


2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely SICKENING. that poor little girl! :(

    also, umm... lets talk about this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also am a HUGE fan of the Sept. Issue! and I love love love the spread this year. 758. pages. so captivating. GREAT WEBSITE BTW. like the updates. Keep up the good work. I have more time to follow. I have left the F book. FOR GOOD.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.