Do you remember hearing about the woman who bought and kept a McDonald's kid's meal for year to see if it would decompose the way food should? I think that story was out about two years ago or so, and it was a little difficult to believe that a burger could sit on a shelf for a whole year and not grow any mold or decompose at all. But that's what preservatives and who knows what else they put in those things do.
Well a blogger friend of mine has conducted a very similar experiment, and has received very similar results. To read, and see (yes, she has multiple pieces of photographic evidence), visit her blog, A Sparrow's Flight.
I know that, for many people, this won't stop them from eating fast-food, and it's not like a single sandwich will kill you. But for me, I am very conscious about what I put into my body because, well, this is my only body, and I want to take as best care of it as I can. I especially cringe when I see kids eating McDonald's, knowing that their tiny growing bodies are getting little nutrients but lots of preservatives and, like I said, who knows what else? And then when you learn about the meat market....well that's a whole other blog post (maybe even two), but the looming golden arch has been giving me chills for quite some time....
For something not disgusting, check out my & E's latest photo shoot at here & now photography. Can you believe she will be two tomorrow?!
Thanks for linking me in!
ReplyDeleteHave you read Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser? It's a real eye opener.
ReplyDeleteThese days, there are a lot of so called "healthy foods" that really aren't.
Good post Sarah!