“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I Made It!

Part of me thought I'd never make it to Vermont. Because of all the heavy snow in the northeast over this past weekend, many flights out of the New Jersey/New York area were delayed/canceled, but some not until the last minute. In other words, 20 minutes before I left for the airport, I found out that my connecting flight from Newark to Burlington was pushed to Friday. As you can imagine, I freaked out and had no choice but to go to the airport and still get on my flight to Newark. Which was also delayed by two hours. After we got on the plane (yes, we got on and a minute later they told us we had to get off). And they had a connecting flight to Burlington for me at 9:45 p.m., seven hours after my original time. And that flight, too, got delayed until 11:45 p.m. After spending 9 hours in the Newark airport (which is much less nicer than the Minneapolis airport - Newark doesn't even have recycling! Wtf?), I made it to my school some time after 2 in the morning.

But I made it! I am here, in Vermont. After so much traveling, I had to look up my exact location on the map. I didn't realize I was that close to Canada, and that Montpelier, by the looks, is at the same latitude at home.

Sorry for the boring babbling - I haven't got much sleep and am anticipating a nice lunch for some energy. Maybe a nap later? I'm too antsy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.