GLAAD, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, has asked people to wear purple today as a way to speak out against anti-gay bullying and to remember the lives of LGBT youth recently lost.
On the LGBT pride flag, the purple stripe represents "spirit." Learn more about Spirit Day here.
Because of all the election season craziness going on, I can't help but wonder how many politicians are wearing purple today. Do you think Obama is? I Googled it but had no luck on finding anything.
On the LGBT pride flag, the purple stripe represents "spirit." Learn more about Spirit Day here.

Because of all the election season craziness going on, I can't help but wonder how many politicians are wearing purple today. Do you think Obama is? I Googled it but had no luck on finding anything.
According to @rickmercer on twitter, a number of Canadian Members of Parliament are wearing purple today, which gives me the warm fuzzies.
ReplyDeleteI am not, merely because I am sadly lacking in the purple clothing department, and I'm pretty sure showing for work in pajamas or a towel might be grounds for dismissal, honorable intent or not. I did manage some purple eyeshadow. My Facebook pic is purple too. And I listened to Gogol Bordello's "Start Wearing Purple" this morning.
That's great! I'll check again later to see if there are reports on anyone a part of/running for our government who is wearing purple.
ReplyDeleteI had to go to an appointment today. I did so proudly wearing a purple shirt!
ReplyDeleteGood to hear, Pat!
ReplyDelete