“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

badass poet: Eileen Myles

"Movie" by Eileen Myles


You’re like
a little fruit
you’re like
a moon I want
to hold
I said lemon slope
about your
hip
because it’s one
of my words
about you
I whispered
in bed
this smoothing
the fruit &
then alone
with my book
but writing
in it the pages
wagging
against my knuckles
in the
light like a
sail.


from Sorry, Tree, Wave Books, 2007

1 comment:

  1. that's really good. I'm going to have to find some more of her writing.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.