“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Friday, June 29, 2012

"To live is so startling..."

"To live is so startling, it leaves little room for any other occupation."

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. But hey, that's writing poetry. It's also getting out of bed every morning."

--quotes from yesterday morning, from Mary Ruefle's lecture on lectures she will never give

2 comments:

  1. Also most true of having babies:-)
    thanks for sharing
    martine

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they all make sense! Especially the one about insanity...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.