“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Thursday, August 4, 2011

What he said

Via Hunger Mountain, in answer to the question, "What is poetry?"

"Poetry is the light feet make walking across wooden boards, that is your fingers, which are the language of love, in that it is also the burned out car, meaning, really, an empty field, which is grief, which is also one of our most important inner organs, but for the heart, which pumps throughout the night, a cool night, a rainy night, a night of the everlasting animal which is us, which is poetry." 
                                                                        --Matthew Dickman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.