“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath
Friday, February 25, 2011
Culture shock? pt. 3
We found out the recycling center in this town is not operating. BIG SAD FACE. I mean,
REALLY BIG SAD FACE.
But there can be happy faces for the great playgrounds I've seen.... and the flowering bushes in February.
I've lived in several Mississippi cities including Jackson and Gulfport. Not a single one offered any kind of recycling. The only placed I've lived where it was done was Tuscumbia, AL.
That is hard to fathom, in this day and age! (not the playgrounds)...
ReplyDeleteI've lived in several Mississippi cities including Jackson and Gulfport. Not a single one offered any kind of recycling. The only placed I've lived where it was done was Tuscumbia, AL.
ReplyDeletePat - isn't it?!
ReplyDeleteSkepticat - I was afraid of that... the big sad face has just turned into an all-out wail... :(