“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Big Manager Bitches About a Hair Cut

One rainy afternoon last week, the Big Manager waddled into the Little Manager's store, holding his clipboard and cup of coffee. The Little Manager looked up from his work, not happy to see the Big Manager, but happy that cooler weather was arriving. The Big Manager sweat constantly during the hot months. Once he even relayed his chafing woes to the Little Manager.

"Hey 'ya, we need to talk about how your hair needs to be before we go the annual meeting next month," the Big Manager said.

"What do you mean? I just cut my hair," said the Little Manager. And indeed he did just get his hair cut, just like the Big Manager had told him to.

"Well, I need to be able to see your ears," said the Big Manager. He took a swig of coffee, his beady eyes peeking over the rim of the coffee cup.

"What do you call this, then?" the Little Manager asked, tugging at his ear. "You said I could have a style."

"Well, maybe I'll just have to talk to your wife about you getting your hair cut. And I'm callin' her your wife, even though you're not really man enough to make her an honest woman."

"She likes my hair long," said the Little Manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.