“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want. I can never train myself in all the skills I want. And why do I want? I want to live and feel all the shades, tones and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life. And I am horribly limited.” --Sylvia Plath

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Second Kingdom



"The Second Kingdom"
In the first kingdom
of the stars,
everything is always
half-beautiful. 

Your fingernails
are angels
sleeping after
a long night
of making love. 

The sound of
your eyes: snow
coming down
the stairs
of the wind. 

Your hair
is the color
of God picking
flowers. 

In the second
kingdom of the stars
there is only 

you 


-Richard Brautigan

1 comment:

  1. i love love love your blog. +the picture from the ridge.
    old blackberry

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.